Ginger is one commonly used kitchen spice or herbal medicine. Its root is the used part of this ayurvedic herb. In English, it is called Ginger, and with the botanical name- Zingiber Officinale. It uses in every home and every meal as a tastier & healthier spice that is loaded with medicinal properties.
Its well-known Hindi names are Adrak (अदरक), Aada (अदा), Adu (अदू), or Soond (सूंड़). The dry form is this herb titled with names Sonth (सोंठ), or Shunthi (शुण्ठी). Other regional Indian names of this medical herb root are- Ada in Bengali, Punjabi, and Oria; Kannada– Shunti, Alla, Ardraka, Ashi Shunti; Gujarati– Sonth, Soonth, Aadu, Soond; in Malayalam – Inchi; in Marathi– Aale, Ale; Telugu– Sonthi, Allaim, or Allamu; in Tamil– Inji. Ginger is infallible ayurvedic medicine to cure many diseases. Here are some most noteworthy health benefits of ginger.
Ginger Treats What Diseases
1. Ginger is used in tea mostly, and its tea provides you relief from sore throat problems.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, and Analgesic properties that can help in sore throat treatment in these ways:
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, It can help to soothe the inflammation and pain in the throat.
- Ginger also has antioxidant properties that help to boost the immune system, thereby reducing the severity of sore throat.
- Because of its analgesic properties, it has natural analgesic (pain-relieving) properties that can support reducing the pain associated with a sore throat.
To prepare Ginger Tea follow these steps:
- Grate a 2-3 cm long piece of fresh ginger root.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add the grated ginger to it.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium flame.
- Strain the mixture and add a little honey or lemon to taste.
- Drink the tea while it’s still warm.
2. Eat a smiling piece of Ginger by applying some salt to it before eating food. Hence it will help to improve the functioning of your digestion system.
Know how ginger helps with indigestion:
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe the inflammation in the digestive system and reduce symptoms of indigestion.
- It stimulates the production of digestive juices and enzymes, which can aid in the digestion of food and relieve symptoms of indigestion.
- It has anti-spasmodic effects on the muscles of the digestive tract, which can help to relieve cramps, bloating, and other symptoms of indigestion.
The above-mentioned Ginger Tea is also a good natural treatment for indigestion.
3. Ginger is a most useful ayurvedic medicine in Arthritis cure. Eat the pieces of Ginger roasted in Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter). Another, warm its pieces with Til (Sesame seed) and massage on joints to end pain or cure Arthritis.
Ginger and sesame seeds, both are natural ingredients that have been used traditionally to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Know how they can help with arthritis:
- Both ginger and sesame seeds contain anti-inflammatory compounds that can help to reduce inflammation in the joints and relieve pain associated with arthritis.
- Ginger has natural analgesic (pain-relieving) properties that can help to reduce the pain associated with arthritis.
- Sesame seeds contain high levels of antioxidants, which can help to protect the joints from further damage and reduce inflammation.
So, Use ginger and sesame oil combination for massage to treat arthritis:
4. Ginger is also most useful for Paralysis patients. So, use the mixture of finely grinded Adrak with Natural Honey in Paralysis treatment.
Paralysis is a complex medical condition, caused by a variety of factors, including nerve damage, spinal cord injury, or diseases such as multiple sclerosis or stroke. If the herbal remedies diest not show improvements then try physical therapy, medication, and surgery as the disorder severity.
Ginger for Cough
5. To cure cough, use a mixture of the same amount of Ginger and Lemon extract. It will help you to get relief from a cough.
Ginger, lemon, and honey are commonly used herbal ingredients to make a home remedy for coughing. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe a sore throat, while lemon is high in vitamin C and can help boost the immune system. Honey has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, that support soothe a sore throat and calm coughing.
Collectively you can use all these 3 herbs to treat cough. To make a ginger, lemon, and honey remedy for coughing, you will need:
- 1-2 inches of fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon
How to make herbal mixture for cough:
- Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Squeeze the lemon to get its juice.
- In a saucepan, add the grated ginger and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add the lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Stir well.
- Drink the mixture while it’s still warm.
Use, this remedy 1-2 times a day, as needed. Note that honey should not be given to children under 1 year of age. Also, If you have a cough or sore throat that lasts longer than a week, it’s best to visit a doctor.
6. To treat stomach pain, use a mixture of an equal amount of this herb and Pudina (Mint) extract with some Sendhava Namak (Rock salt).
Ginger and mint are two common natural ingredients that are often used to help relieve stomach pain.
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties and is commonly used to soothe digestive issues, such as nausea, indigestion, and bloating.
Mint has menthol, which has a soothing effect on the digestive system and also relieves nausea and bloating.
So, you can drink ginger and mint tea 2-3 times a day as needed for the best results.
7. To stop vomiting, use Ginger and onion extract. Mix both herb juices with 1 cup of water and some honey. Use this herbal mixture to treat common vomiting and motion sickness.
Ginger and onion juice may help with vomiting, as both ginger and onion have anti-inflammatory and digestive-soothing properties.
Catarrh and Cold
8. Catarrh, colds are common in the winter season, and to get relief from these problems, it is the best natural herb. Roast the small piece of Ginger in Desi Ghee and mix an equal amount of sugar. Now, Prepare a decoction of this mixture by mixing these ayurvedic herbs Shunthi, Tej Patta (Indian bay leaf), Jeera (Black Cumin), Kali Mirch (Peppercorns), Dhania (Coriander), Nag Keshar (Cinnamon buds, Mesua Ferrea), Chhoti Elaichi (Green cardamom), etc.
So again, Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for colds and fevers due to its antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Its anti-inflammatory properties can help to reduce menstrual cramps. You can make ginger tea or take ginger pieces to help relieve cramps.
So, Take the Health advantages of Ginger by using this ayurvedic herb in the right manner and with the right formula with other herbs.