Flaxseed is another common useful Ayurveda herb that the mostly found in north India. It is high in dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It is often used as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in food products such as bread, crackers, and cereal. Flaxseed is also sometimes used as a laxative and to lower cholesterol. It can be consumed in form of ground flaxseed or oil. However, it is important to note that whole flaxseed must be ground before consuming as the body cannot digest the whole seed.
Its most popular Hindi name is Alsi (अलसी), Alasi, Alsi, or Tease. In English, it is titled with another name as Linseed (Latin name – Linium Usitatissimum) and of Linaceae family. In Naturopathy or Ayurveda, Flax seeds are known with the following Sanskrit names: Alsi, Atasi, Kshuma, Neel Pushpi, Pichchala, and Uma. Alsi has many other regional Indian Names as In Bengali – Marshina, in Gujrati – Alasi, in Marathi – Jabasu or Jawas, in Tamil – Aali Vidhai, and Telugu – Alasi, Atasee, or Bittu.
Its plant is of different heights about 3-10 inches height as per weather conditions that contain brown seeds.
For medicinal purposes, are seeds mostly used as part of this herb. Flax Seeds oil also uses for cooking, massage, or medicinal uses. In Punjab and Himachal Pradesh, many people farming this herb during the wheat crop season. In North India, people prepare and eat, Jawas or Chutney and laddoo, during the winter season, due to its medicinal properties. In Ayurveda, Alasi has many health benefits, and some most noteworthy are mentioned below.
Flax Seeds Health Benefits
1. In headache treatment flax seeds are so useful. Prepare the past of these seeds with water and apply them to the forehead.
There is some evidence to suggest that consuming flaxseed may help to reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches
2. In Arthritis treatment, Flaxseed oil is an In-defectible drug. Boil 4-part Flax seeds in about 10-parts of water. When lukewarm, put this mixture in a clean cotton cloth and apply it to cure swelling and pain.
Some studies have shown that consuming flaxseed or flaxseed oil may help to reduce joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation associated with arthritis. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings and to determine the optimal dosage for use in treating arthritis.
Joint Pain and Backache
3. In Joint Pain treatment, prepare the paste of Seeds with Isabegol and apply it to Joints. Another, in Backache, its oil is used with Ginger powder. In warm oil, mix some Ginger powder and massage to get relief from Backache or back pain.
4. In Earache or Ear pain, cook some Flax Seeds with Onion extract, and on cooling, put some drops into the Ear. It is a very beneficial remedy to cure Earache, even helpful to cure swelling in Ear.
5. Flaxseed oil can be used to improve the health and appearance of hair. It can be applied to the scalp and hair, and left on for 30 minutes before washing it off.
Linseed for Cough
6. To cure the Cough problem, roast some Flax Seeds and use them with Honey.
7. Some studies suggest that consuming flaxseed may help to lower blood pressure. It can be consumed by adding it to smoothies, oatmeal, or yogurt. Consuming flaxseed may help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
8. In Conjunctivitis, Flax Seed Oil is used to cure Eye disorders like Redness.
Flaxseed may have potential benefits for eye health due to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans. These compounds have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and may help to protect against certain eye diseases such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and dry eye syndrome.
Some studies have suggested that consuming flaxseed or flaxseed oil may help to improve eye health by reducing inflammation and improving the function of the retina.
9. Flax Seeds oil also utilizes to treat Gonorrhoea. Pour 4-5 drops of Flax Seed Oil into the anus opening.
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection that is typically treated with antibiotics. While flaxseed may have some anti-inflammatory properties and other health benefits, there is currently less scientific evidence to suggest that consuming flaxseed can directly help to treat or cure gonorrhea.
To treat Impotency
10. To cure Impotency, Linseed is highly effective. Prepare a mixture of Flax Seeds powder and Black Pepper. Use it with natural Honey to cure Impotency. It will help improve your sexual power. During the winter season, many people eat Alasi Laddu (Flax Seeds Sweat) as an energy booster.
Evidence suggests that consuming flaxseed may have potential benefits for male sexual health and may help to improve symptoms of erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence.
Flaxseed is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans and has anti-inflammatory properties that help to improve blood flow to the penis. Some studies have also suggested that consuming flaxseed or flaxseed oil may help to improve symptoms of ED by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
11. Also, in Tuberculosis treatment, soak about 20-30 gm Flax seeds powder in cold water at night. In the morning, filter this solution and heat it to lukewarm. In a Lukewarm solution, add some lemon juice and use it to cure TB.
12. Flax Seeds help to treat many urinary disorders like burning urination, blood in urine, inconsistent urine flow, and pus formation in urine. Prepare the powder mixture of equal amounts of Flax Seeds and Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Mulethi in Hindi). In a clay pot, take about 50 gm of powder and add 1-liter of water to it. Cover this Pot and Heat to boiling this mixture for an hour. Then filter it and add approximately 20-30 gm Kalmishora. Preserve this mixture and use this mixture about 30 ml after every 3-4 hours. This mixture will help you to treat all types of urinary disorders.
13. In Burns treatment, mix the Flaxseed oil with an equal amount of lime distilled water. Apply this mixture on a burnt spot to get relief from pain twice a day.
Flaxseed oil has been traditionally used for skin conditions like burns, eczema and psoriasis. There is some scientific evidence that suggests that flaxseed oil may be beneficial for the treatment of burns. The oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and it also has a high content of linolenic acid (ALA) which has been reported to have wound-healing properties.
14. Mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed with water or juice and drink it. The high fiber content of flaxseed can help to regulate bowel movements and relieve constipation.
15. Flaxseed is a low-calorie food and is high in fiber, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Adding it to your diet can help you to feel full and satisfied, reducing the chances of overeating and unhealthy snacking.
These are the top 15 surprising health benefits of Flax seeds that help to cure many health disorders at home.