You will never know just how much value your breath holds until you cannot breathe. It is one of the most common chronic obstructive respiratory diseases (Shvaas or Swas rog in Hindi) in which the person cannot breathe properly. Asthma attack home remedies can treat it, very easily. During an asthma attack, muscles around the airway linings swell. The warning signs for Asthmatic patients are lack of appetite, fatigue, headache, coughing, less tolerance for exercise, trouble while sleeping & feeling tired, due to which dark circles under the eyes appear. These warning signs can be cured, by using some simple Asthma attack home remedies at home.
21 Best Home Remedies for Asthma
Ginger: How to Use
- You can use ginger juice as it’s easily available at home and is considered one of the best home remedies.
- Extract the juice of ginger, pomegranate, and honey. Take all these ingredients in equal quantities. Mix well and consume it 2-3 times a day for better results.
- Take one tbsp. of ginger juice, mix it with a tbsp. of honey and two tbsp. of dried fenugreek seeds. Soak all these ingredients overnight. Consume this mixture every morning for the detoxification of the lungs.
Figs: How to Use
- Figs: Soak 3-4 dried figs in water overnight. Eat these figs every morning on an empty stomach as it provides effective relief from the problem of asthma, also drink the fig water. It is one of the most effective home remedies for asthma.
Honey: How to Use
- Honey is one of the best natural home remedies for asthma.
- Consume a teaspoon of honey mixed in hot water at least 2-3 times a day.
- Inhale the aroma of honey.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Have this mixture before going to sleep.
Onions benefit: How to Use
- Onions are proven to help clear air passages as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- You should consume Onions in raw form in salads or cooked in vegetables.
Bitter gourd: How to Use
- Take out the juice of the bitter gourd. Add basil paste and honey to it. Finally, consume this mixture. This home remedy will help in curing asthmatic attacks.
Indian Gooseberries: How to Use
- Crush 2-4 gooseberries (Amla in Hindi) and add some honey to them. Consume this mixture to get rid of this ailment. As Amla’s are the best home remedies for Asthma.
Cloves: How to Use
- Take 5-6 cloves, and boil them in half a glass of water. Add a spoonful of honey to it. Consume this mixture twice a day as it is an excellent home remedy for curing asthma at home.
Massage with Mustard Oil usefulness
- Take some mustard oil to add camphor to it. Warm this mixture a little. Massage this mixture over the chest, so that your chest feels the warmth and gets quickly relieved from the signs of asthma.
Eucalyptus Oil Advantage
- Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a cup of boiling water, after that inhale its steam as it will help in opening up the air passages and nasal passages so that air can pass through easily in asthmatic patients.
Radish Soup: How to Use
- Take a juice of radish. Mix it with some lemon juice and honey. Consume this mixture as it will help in clearing up the respiratory tract.
Fennel Seeds Usage
- To get rid of asthmatic attacks, consume fennel seeds on a regular basis.
Parsley leaves effectiveness
- Prepare tea from the leaves of parsley. This tea will soothe the throat and ease chest congestion.
Warm Milk remedy
- To a glass of warm milk, add an equal quantity of olive oil and honey. Drink this milk along with a few garlic and cloves, before breakfast. It is one of the best home remedies to relieve asthma.
Lavender Oil benefit
- Inhale the steam of lavender oil by putting some drops of this oil in hot water. This oil soothes the air passage, strengthens the immune system, controls mucus production, and inhibits the inflammation of the airways in asthmatic patients.
Turmeric powder: How to Use
- Use one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder along with a glass of water. Do this thrice a day for 14 days. You can double the dosage if there is no improvement in the symptoms. The phytochemical Curcumin present in turmeric is very beneficial in relieving asthma. It is an excellent antimicrobial agent and it alleviates the inflammation of the airways.
Black Pepper: How to Use
- Chewing black pepper at night is a good home remedy for asthmatic patients.
Basil leaves: How to Use
- Chew basil leaves and honey every morning to keep asthma at bay.
Licorice: How to Use
- Use a tea made from licorice root and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Licorice has immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory properties. It is a natural home remedy for asthmatic patients.
Ajwain Seeds: How to Use
- Inhaling steam from water boiled in ajwain seeds relieves asthmatic conditions.
Fish: How to Use
- Consuming fish like tuna, salmon, and sardines is good for asthmatic patients as they makes the lungs better and stronger.
Herbal Tea: How to Drink
- Make herbal tea from lime juice and crushed ginger and consume this tea as it is an effective asthma treatment.
- During asthmatic attacks, patients feel difficulty while talking, inability to inhale or exhale, feelings of panic or anxiety, pale and sweaty face, shortness of breath, and coughing that would not stop.
- So, to decrease these signs, the patient should follow some simple asthma attack home remedies mentioned above to get quick relief.