Fenugreek (Methi in English) is a mostly used kitchen Ayurvedic herb and has many health benefits. Its latin name is Trigonella foenum-graecum and of Fabaceae family.
Methi (मेथी) is a Hindi name and other well-known Hindi names are Kasoori Methi (कसूरी मेथी) or Methe (मेथे). Other regional names of this herb are- Venthaya Keerai in Tamil, Mentulu in Telugu, Methi in Marathi, Uluva in Malayalam, Menthya in Kannada, and Methi or Methe in Bengali, Gujrati, or Punjabi.
Leaves and seeds of Fenugreek are commonly used parts of this natural herb. In India, green leaves are also useful to prepare a more popular recipe called “Saag”. Seeds and dried leaves are used as “Spice. These herb seeds are a portion of healthy food with several health benefits. Some more common Fenugreek health benefits are as below:
Fenugreek Treats What Diseases?
Methi for Breast Milk
1. In Procreative women, Fenugreek seeds are most beneficial to increase milk. Rinse the 150 Gram seeds powder in 1 litre of milk at night. In the morning, warm this mixture with 200 Gram pure Clarified butter and 100-gram Jaggery. Use this mixture for 45-60 days to increase breast milk.
Some studies have pointed that fenugreek can be an adequate galactagogue, which is a substance that helps to boost milk production.
2. It is also used in Arthritis cure. Prepare the fine mixture of Methi Dana (Fenugreek seeds in English) and Sonth (Dry Ginger) in an equal amount of 10 grams and use this mixture in the morning with Jaggery (Gur in English). It will help you to get relief from Arthritis pain.
Some studies have pointed out that fenugreek can be an adequate galactagogue, which is a substance that helps to boost milk production.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve pain and inflammation associated with the condition.
Fenugreek contains compounds like saponins, flavonoids, and alkaloids that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects in labs researches.
3. In Piles cure, Use Green leaves of methi as an Indian recipe titled “Saag“.
Another, It can be used topically or taken orally to treat piles. To use fenugreek topically, you can mix fenugreek powder with a small amount of water to form a paste, and then apply it to the affected area. To take fenugreek orally, you can consume fenugreek seeds or supplements.
Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects support reducing inflammation and irritation in the affected area.
4. To cure Diarrhoea, swallow raw Fenugreek with water. Use this natural remedy after every 4 hours.
Again, its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects could help to reduce inflammation and fight off infections.
5. In constipation, use powder twice a day in the morning and evening with jaggery. Use this ayurvedic remedy to treat constipation.
You can utilize the Fenugreek orally to manage constipation. To use it, you can consume seeds or supplements, or make tea by steeping fenugreek seeds in hot water.
6. In leucorrhoea treatment, prepare a mixture of 10-gram powder with some clarified butter and jaggery. Finally, use this ayurvedic herbal mixture to get rid of this problem.
Fenugreek can be traditionally employed as a natural remedy for leucorrhoea, which is a vaginal discharge. It is the cause of infections or other underlying health issues.
7. In diabetes, Fenugreek seeds are also beneficial in lowering the level of glucose in the blood and helping to avoid Cataracts (Motiyabeend in Hindi) due to Diabetes. Wet 10 grams of seeds in half a cup of water, and in the morning, drink this water and eat the rest seeds.
This herb has been used in classic medicine for the management of diabetes. Analysis suggests that it may have many potential benefits for people with diabetes.
Fenugreek help with diabetes in the following ways:
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Improving insulin sensitivity
- Reducing insulin resistance
8. Prepare the powder of seeds and preserve them in a bottle. Use every day half spoon empty stomach with lukewarm water to get rid of knee pain.
Fenugreek contains compounds that may help support joint health and lower the risk of knee pain. Some studies suggested that it helps to improve bone density, which can help prevent conditions like osteoporosis and reduce the risk of knee fractures. Its anti-inflammatory nature reduces inflammation and relieves knee pain.
9. In eructation, If you suffered from indigestion problems or acid reflux and irritation in the throat. Then prepare the mixture of 100-gram Fenugreek and fennel. Finally, use a 5-gram dose to get relief from these problems.
It has potential uses for indigestion in the following ways:
- Its anti-inflammatory properties can contribute to reducing symptoms of indigestion, such as bloating, gas, and abdominal pain.
- Fenugreek seeds retain soluble fiber, which can help promote digestive health and relieve symptoms of indigestion. Soluble fiber can assist regulate bowel activities and improve the consistency of stools.
- It also helps decrease symptoms of heartburn, a common form of indigestion. It may be due to its mucilage content, which can help soothe and protect the lining of the esophagus.
Therefore, try the above-mentioned home remedies to take advantage of this natural herb. In Indian Kitchens, green leaves use to make Parantha, while seeds and dry fenugreek utilize as a flavoring spice in most meal recipes.