In this article, get answers to your more common questions, in briefs like What is Dalchini called in English, Hindi, and other regional languages? How to identify it? What are the Dalchini bark benefits?
Dalchini is one popular kitchen herb or spice of India and mostly uses in meals for fragrances. It is a Hindi name (दालचीनी) for the Cinnamon (English Name) natural herb of the Lauraceae family. In Sanskrit, Dalchini is known as Tvak, specifically a usable part of this organic herb. Other regional names of Dalchini in India as Daruchini and Darchini in Bengali, Dalchini in Gujrati, Dalchini Chakke in Kannada, Dalchini in Marathi, Karuvapatta or Ilavarngathely in Malayalam, Dalechini, and Guda Twak in Oriya, Lavangapattai or Karuvapattai in Tamil and Dalchini, Dalchina Chekka Dalchina Chakka, or Lavangapatta in Telugu.
Dalchini is a medicinal tree loaded with a lot of medicinal properties. Cinnamon health benefits are too many, but some most noteworthy are below with tree identification.
Dalchini Cinnamon Tree
Cinnamon evergreen trees of 20-25 feet in height in India mostly and in Sri Lanka of 50-60 feet. Its bark obtained from the new tree is smooth. Old Cinnamon tree bark dry brown breakable of 5 mm in thickness. Cinnamon leaves are oriented, leathered, and 4-7 inches in length. Another Cinnamon leaves the top surface shiny and with 3-5 veins. When you chafe Dalchini leaves, they offer a pungent smell and sour taste. Also, Cinnamon flowers occur in bunches with a foul smell.
Cinnamon fruits are ½-1 inch long in oval deep purple colour in bell-shaped with one seed inside. Also, On plucking fruits from inside Turpentine (Tarpin) smell arises. Moreover, the Dalchini tree gets flowers in January, and its fruits are ripe from May to August.
Cinnamon organic herb has too many uses or health benefits in Ayurveda. Try some main below-mentioned health benefits to get its medicinal properties:
Dalchini Treat What Diseases
Dalchini for Mouth
1. Dalchini utilizes for mouth purification and strengthens teeth. It also uses as a mouth freshener and helps to end the mouth’s foul smell. Cinnamon can be used as a mouth freshener. It has antimicrobial properties that can help to eliminate bad breath and promote oral health. You can try chewing on a cinnamon stick or adding a pinch of cinnamon powder to your toothbrush when brushing your teeth. Remember that too much consumption can irritate the mouth and other health issues.
Dalchini for blood
2. In blood vessels and head pricking, Cinnamon paste uses. To treat Scorpion bites, Cinnamon oil is very beneficial. This oil also employs to treat outer injury with quick purification and healing.
Cinnamon has been shown to have potential health benefits for regulating blood sugar levels and improving heart health. It can help to lower fasting blood sugar levels, improve insulin sensitivity, and reduce total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
3. In toothache and tooth problems (Teeth worms) home remedies, use Cinnamon oil 1-2 drops with the help of cotton.
Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties that help to keep your teeth and gums healthy. It eliminates bad breath and reduces the growth of certain bacteria that can cause gum disease. You can try using cinnamon as a natural toothpaste by mixing the cinnamon powder with a natural sweetener like honey and brushing your teeth with it.
4. Cinnamon oil also helps in nerve weakness and paralysis.
Due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, it can help to soothe digestive symptoms.
6. Cinnamon for blood– In heart weakness and other blood disorders like blood sugar, and diabetes, Cinnamon powder is very beneficial.
Cinnamon has been recommended as a potential natural remedy for diabetes, it can help to regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
7. Dalchini Cinnamon oil uses to treat Cough, Breathing, and TB tuberculosis (Rajyakshma in Hindi) respiratory system disorders.
Some preliminary studies have suggested that cinnamon may have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can help to relieve respiratory symptoms. For example, inhaling cinnamon essential oil or drinking cinnamon tea may help to soothe a cough, clear nasal passages, and relieve chest congestion.
Strangury and Gonorrhea
8. Also, in Treating urinary disorders like Strangury and Gonorrhea, Cinnamon is very advantageous.
Strangury is a urinary tract symptom characterized by painful, frequent urination, while gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
9. Cinnamon herb is also beneficial in Uterus laxity and other reproductive system disorders.
According to some preliminary studies, cinnamon may have potential benefits for reproductive health, such as reducing inflammation and regulating hormone levels.
10. Cinnamon powder also uses in natural weight loss treatment. In a cup of water, mix half a spoon of Cinnamon powder and boil. Furthermore, on cooling, add one spoonful of natural honey. Use this water drink in the morning and night before sleeping to lose weight.
Cinnamon and honey mixture specially promoted in natural weight loss aids. Some preliminary studies have suggested that cinnamon may help to regulate blood sugar levels and reduce appetite, while honey is a natural sweetener that can be a healthier alternative to sugar.
Hence try these most effective in-home remedies with the Dalchini herb.