Fitkari is used in many home remedies and has many health benefits. Alum (Fitkari) is a chemical compound and in English known as Potash alum/ Potassium alum/ Potassium aluminium sulphate with chemical formula KAl(SO4)2. In India, this natural stone popular with Hindi names Fitkari, Phitkari and saurashtri.
Fitkari has many health benefits and in Indian traditional health care system, Ayurveda used mostly. It is easily available in solid crystals form and pieces in the grocery shop at affordable price. Although it has with many health properties but some main most of all uses of Alum in Ayurveda. Most noteworthy Fitkari Alum uses in home remedies mentioned below:
Fitkari Alum uses
Phitkari uses for teeth
1. Fitkari is used in toothache problem. Prepare the powder of Fitkari and Reetha (Sapindus Mukorossi) pip. Apply this mixture on the teeth and gums to get relief from pain.
2. Prepare the fine powder of fitkari (alum) and coal powder of Jamun / Jambul (Syzygium cumini) wood. Massage your teeth and gums with this mixture to cure Pyorrhoea.
3. In Leprosy skin disease, Take 200 gram fitkari and prepare the Bhasma or ash. Use daily about 2 gram Fitakari Bhasma with one spoon of natural honey, and some extract of radish and carrots.
4. Eye or Vision care. “Aankh ke rohe" – One very painful disease in which eyelid get inflammation and eyelid pock. To get rid of this disease fitkari is also very useful. Prepare a mixture of approximately same 20 gram Fitkari, 20 gram Suhaga (Borax) and 5 gram Kalmishora (Potassium Nitrate). Filter it and use 2-3 drops daily twice a day to cure this disease.
5. Fitkari stone crystals also used in fever. So in fever, mix some Fitkari (Potash Alum) into Sonth (Dried ginger) and take with Batasha, Indian Sweet biscuit.
6. In Jaundice treatment fitkari stone and crystals powder very useful. Make the fine powder of 5 gram Fitkari and divide into equal 10 parts. Either use one part or same dose daily thrice a day with cow milk.
7. Alum for Skin– In case of any external wound or injury, rub or fill some Fitkari powder into the wound. It is almost best wound healer and prevent from infection. Fitkari used to treat skin care diseases and also helpful in skin infection or skin problems. In home and in saloon barbers use Fitkari after shaving as a shave lotion.
Alum uses for tightening skin due to its anti aging property.
8. In internal wounds and injury use some fitkari with Haldi (Turmeric) milk. Boil the milk with mixing some turmeric powder. Therefore after cooling add some fitkari and use to heal internal wounds or injury.
9. During winter season, inflammation in fingers is an another common problem. If you are suffered with inflammation in fingers of hands and feet then use alum crystals. Boil a piece of Alum (Fitkari) in water and wash fingers gently. This water treatment almost helps you to get relief from this problem.
10. Alum stone powder also used in home remedies to remove head lice. In one liter of water mix almost 10 gram of alum crystals powder. Furthermore, daily wash your hairs to get rid of lice or nits.
11. If you suffered with Peefailure or urination blockage problem then dissolve some Fitkari alum in water and drink it. This alum water treatment also helpful to get rid of kidney stones problem in 4-5 days.
These are the top 11 health benefits of fitkari Alum uses that you can use at home to treat diseases naturally. Fitkari/ Alum also used in Astringent Enema.