What is Reetha?
Reetha is an organic plant with many health benefits as one prominent haircare herb. It is of the Sapindaceae family ayurvedic herb, and its Latin name or scientific name is Sapindus Trifoliatus or Sapindus Mukorossi. Are you want to know the different names of Reetha? Know here. Reetha (रीठा) is a Hindi name and is popular in India with this name. Another, In English, is termed as Sapindus, Soapnut, Soapnut tree, and Soap Berries mostly. Also, In Sanskrit, Reetha is known as Arishtak, Phenyl, or Raktabeej. Other regional Indian names of Reetha tree are: in Assamese – Haithaguti, in Bengali – Ritha, in Kannada – Antuvala Kayi, in Gujarati – Aretha, in Malayalam – Cavak Kay, in Marathi – Reetha, in Oriya – Ritha, in Punjabi – Retha, in Tamil – Pannankottai, in Telugu – Phenilamu and Kukudukayalu.
Reetha tree is about 50 feet in height and with 5 feet circumference area. Its leaves are 5-12 inches in length with white color flower 1/5 inch long in intensive Bloomsbury. Reetha soapnut fruit is beefy split in 2-3 division and when dry turn to blackish brown color shrinkage condition.
Soapnut Chemical Composition
Sapindus dry fruit contains 11% Saponin and 10% starch. Its seeds contain approximately 45% oil. Sapindus Mukorossi species that occur in extent in almost Himalaya. It also contains 10-11% Saponin and one another element Mukorossi obtained from fruit pulp that contains 31% proteins.
Reetha Soapnut Uses
Reetha has many health benefits and the most used part of this natural herb is fruit. Soapnut fruit is very beneficial for hair and the main ingredient of many hair shampoos and conditioners. A dosage of 3-6 gm Reetha Soapnut is sufficient. Some main especially relevant health benefits or uses of Soapnut Reetha are as mentioned below:
Reetha Soapnut Health Benefits
Reetha Benefits for hair
Reetha utilizes to cure Leprosy, Goitre, and many other skin disorders. Soapnut paste is also used to treat the bite of a snake, scorpion, etc. Reetha solution or powder Errhine also uses in Migraines and Delirium. Its leaves and bark Chloasma employs to treat rheumatism, gout, or paralysis disorders. Reetha, is one best organic herbs for hair and hence, used to treat many hair problems. For hair growth, long, thick, and silky hair Reetha uses with other Amla, and Shikakai.
- Reetha treats all types of Abdominal Disorders and Worm diseases like helminthiasis.
- Reetha Soapnut is also good to treat Blood disorders.
- In Respiratory system disorders like Cough and Breathing, Reetha is beneficial.
- Reetha is most useful in reproductive system disorders like Dystocia.
- Soapnut also practices for skin disorders. It can be used as a natural remedy for skin irritation, rashes, and itching.
- Another Soapnut is used to reduce the effect of Venoms, mainly Laudanum.
- To cure Migraines, grind 1-2 soapberries fruits with Black Peppercorns (Kali Mirch in English). Pour 3-4drops of it into every nostril to treat migraines at home.
- In the case of Asthma treatment, inhale the odour of Soapnut grind fruit. Like the above-mentioned migraine remedy also uses to treat Asthma with this naturopathic remedy.
- In pain treatment, use about 250 mg powder of its peel with water.
- To cure Epilepsy, Grind Reetha with its seed, seed kernel, peel and give the patient to inhale the odor to end Epilepsy naturally.
- Soapnuts have antifungal properties and can be used to treat fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and ringworm.
- Natural insecticide: Soapnuts have insecticidal properties and can be used as a natural pest control solution
Hence, try these most effective ayurvedic remedies to cure diseases at home using the Reetha natural herb.