Basil’s effectiveness to treat Diabetes
We all are familiar with this word, and most probably, we know that it is caused due to high blood sugar levels and metabolic imbalance. Insulin, naturally produced by our body, works to transfer sugars from blood to cells. But during this condition, our body isn’t able to make enough insulin to function properly, and even if it does, it doesn’t get used by the body. So, the uncomfortableness leads to untreated high blood sugars, which gradually damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys, liver, and other organs.
The most common types of diabetes are
Autoimmune disease – Insulin develops in our Pancreas, and under this condition, the immune system starts working against it and keeps attacking it until it’s destroyed.
Insulin resistance – It can be dangerous as the body becomes resistant to insulin. So, the sugar starts building up, and that leads to diabetes and in extreme conditions, even organ failure.
What are some general symptoms of diabetes?
- Feeling thirsty and hungry too often
- Weight loss
- Increased and frequent urge to urinate
- Slow-healing wounds
- Tiredness and blurry vision
- Erectile dysfunction in men
You can be on the borderline if you have these
- Overweight or lack of physical activity
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Hereditary diabetic history
Some easy tips to control diabetes naturally
You don’t need to be in your 40s to have this, due to an extremely hectic lifestyle. Our health is at the risk, and we’re moving ahead but at the cost of it. Here are a few tips that will only take a minute or two and help you to cope with diabetes at your ease.
- Consuming aloe juice can help regulate blood sugar levels and help with soothing the internal organs as well. It works amazingly for healing the digestive tract as well.
- The best part about this is that it increases insulin sensitivity. So your body can come back on its track and start absorbing sugars. Tea lightens our mood and having this combination can make it better. Simultaneously, you’ll feel energized, and your blood sugars will stay under control.
- We know about it as a usual kitchen ingredient, but surprisingly it can control your diabetes as well, by slowing down the whole digestion process. It gives our body enough time to absorb carbohydrates and sugars. So, the sugar doesn’t accumulate in our blood and stays managed.
- The fat content is really low, and so are the calories, but it can soothe your stomach. It helps to manage your natural sugar levels. It is slightly sweet, so you can add it to your soups as well, to make it a little thicker and taste a little creamier.
- Rich in gingerols, this naturally increases the cell’s capacity to hold glucose without the need for insulin. Therefore helping diabetic patients to keep their blood sugar in check without making any extra efforts.
- The benefits of Holy basil leaves are numerous, and it is popularly knowns as the ‘Queen of herbs’. It is a magical tonic for not just your body but your mind as well. Different people recommend different ways to use it. But actually, it is safe to be consumed by any person at any age, and that is the reason we all like to use it.
Some interesting facts you didn’t know about Basil
- It has an element that works as an adaptogen, which means it helps your body to adapt to stress and calm itself gradually. It leads to a mental and emotional balance.
- It can make you control your caffeine urge.
- Basil is an excellent detoxifying agent and can help flush out toxins from your body.
- It is also a natural analgesic (painkiller).
- It has antibacterial properties and can even help to reduce internal infections as well as acne.
How to use Basil for controlling diabetes
There are multiple ways to use basil leaves,
- Chew some basil leaves, and you’ll get all the goodness straight from it.
- Make some tulsi tea, add a few leaves while you’re boiling the water, and prepare your tea as usual.
- Use it as a herb to garnish your favourite food.
- Using the seeds in your favourite soup.
These remedies are rich in antioxidant properties and can protect your body from toxins. Make sure to drink a lot of water, and have a fibre-rich diet. Don’t forget to control your carbohydrate intake. Exercise regularly or walk for at least 30 minutes, practice yoga, and make these a part of your lifestyle routine. So, it takes a little, but the results will be great.