Tragacanth is an amazing herbal substance, obtained from the sap of the legume plant that contained amazing benefits. This particular herb is loaded with numerous benefits including sexual insufficiency to constipation, heat strokes, breast enlargement, and even tumour. Another, this single herb is the solution to the entire given health issues. Even in Ayurveda, the various benefits of the Tragacanth herb are mentioned in detail. The benefits of the herb are not restricted to the cooking industry only. But at the same time used for manufacturing paper and textiles as well.
What is Gond Katira or Tragacanth Gum?
This natural material has come from a shrub and is easily found in the mid-east, Iran, Iraq, and in some of the western parts of Asia as well. It is connected to the Astragalus species and the botanical name of the best quality gum – Astragalus Gummifer. So, the gum naturally emanates from the roots and incisions produced in the stem. From here, it is collected and then dried, which results in crystals of flakes. So Tragacanth Gum herb in India is popular with the Hindi name Gond Katira (गोंद-कतीरा).
Various Properties And Applications Of The Gond Katira– This is a viscous water-soluble mixture. It is also well known for containing a high amount of protein. It doesn’t have any odour or taste. Some of its benefits are below here:
Gond Katira Benefits for Health
In Ayurveda, it uses as a herbal substance or medicine. It contained alkaloids, and so that is the reason known as an excellent remedy for treating cough and diarrhoea.
1. For treating burns, the paste of the Gond Katira can be directly applied to the affected area. Hence this way, it would show the best possible results.
Drinks and Food Stuff
2. It is used in various drinks, salad coverings, processed cheese, and puddings as well. So that would offer taste and due to its cooling properties as well.
3. As per various studies, the herb stimulates the immune system. It also strengthens the body enough to fight tumours.
Stabilizer and Body Reliever
4. It works as a body reliever, and at the same time, this is a stabilizer, emulsifier, and texture additive. Due to its properties, it also utilizes sauces, salads, confections, and ice cream because that offers to make it thick.
Gond Katira for Dyes and Colors
5. It is a thickening agent and soused in making dyes for printing in various fields like calico printing, dressing fabrics, preparing glues, making gloss in ink, and for watercolours and textiles.
6. It is a perfect binder as well and so used in making pastels of an artist. For gripping the powdered herbs in collaboration, this also uses in incense making as a binder. This reason makes it perfectly used for paper manufacturing.
Gond Katira for Cosmetics
7. It also uses in the cosmetic industry and culture medium in laboratories.
Decoration Paste of Cake
8. The herb Gond Katira uses for preparing paste in floral sugarcraft. So that life-like flowers can make on wires and further used to decorate the cakes.
Finishing Paste or Coloring
9. It offers fineness and delicacies in finishing your work. And for this purpose, the paste can be made dried in the air or apprehend colourings.
10. It also is known as the cooling agent in the body. Therefore one can save itself from heatstroke if using the same.
11. Another it makes one help in dealing with constipation as contained with properties of purgative.
Gond Katira Benefits for Male
12. Males that fight with sexual inactivity can be dependent on the same to give the fight to weakness.
Tragacanth Gum for Breast Enlargement
13. It is also helpful in increasing breast size in women. So tragacanth gum for breast enlargement is the other best alternative drug.
Although the benefits of the Gond Katira are too many. So, it’s up to you, which of the benefit you look for yourself.