If you are experiencing painful blisters and ulceration in your vagina, on your external genitalia, or near your mouth? You may consider getting an evaluation done for HSV-1 and HSV-2 and get rid of Herpes at the earliest. It could be the symptom of a primary infection or an outbreak of genital herpes. So, for recurrent infection, read the best ways how to get rid of herpes, naturally.
It is one of the most commonly found sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). Since it is a viral infection, has no cure, and can recur more than once. While the infection heals by itself in most cases, leaving no scars behind. The symptoms can last up to 14 days, and often include severe redness, painful blisters, and burning.
Facts about Herpes
After the first outbreak, the Herpes Simplex Virus usually lies dormant in your body, in your immune system. But if the immune system weakens, the virus can enter the lower layer of your skin and cause infection in the form of blisters that burst into cold sores. When it is left untreated, the cold sores can last between 10 and 14 days causing discomfort and pain.
There are two kinds of HSV recurring: Oral Herpes and Genital Herpes.
The most effective herbal treatments for Herpes that will prevent a recurrence.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an ancient remedy to treat numerous skin problems. It contains natural antiviral properties that can lessen red sores and inflammation.
- Take a clean cotton ball and pour a small amount of oil on it.
- Apply the cotton ball to the affected area and leave it to dry naturally.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a day.
Lysine is the most common ingredient for treating oral herpes naturally. It uses for all HSV infections. It reduces the severity of the infection, minimizes scars and inflammation, accentuates the healing time, and stops the virus from reproducing and attacking human cells.
- Buy lysine 500 mg capsules from any certified pharmacy. You don’t need a prescription.
- Take one capsule three times a day for as long as the symptoms exist.
- Continue taking one capsule once a day for three months to prevent a recurrence.
Other supplements that you can include in your diet are:
- Vitamin C: 1000 mg a day
- Zinc: 30 mg twice a day
- Vitamin B-Complex: 50 mg once a day
Boost Nutrient Intake
- Research says immunity-boosting nutrients in the diet can reduce the symptoms of herpes considerably and prevent future HSV attacks.
- Some of the foods that you ought to add to your diet during this period are:
- L-lysine and Amino acid food such as fish, turkey, legumes, chicken, and green vegetables.
- Vegetables (Orange and Red veggies) are rich in antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, Carotenoids, and Bioflavonoids.
- Zinc in the diet is most important. A chemical reaction must protect the body from viruses and bacterial infection and rebuild the skin.
- Zinc is highly effective in cold sore treatments and of course, in getting rid of herpes. Organ meats, such as liver, pumpkin seeds, nuts, grass-fed beef, and spinach are great sources of Zinc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help in tissue regrowth and inflammation reduction. You will find Omega-3 fatty acids in wild-caught fishes like salmon, sardines, and squids.
It has antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. And hence it’s quite effective to get rid of herpes, naturally.
- Choose standard liquorice root powder (avoid de-glycyrrhizinate one).
- Form a paste by adding liquorice powder and water.
- Apply the paste to the blisters.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Repeat the procedure two times a day.
It is a staple cooking ingredient that you can easily find in your kitchen. It can dry out the sores faster and decrease skin chaffing and irritation.
- Take a small amount of cornstarch on a cotton ball and dab it on the sores generously.
- Leave it as it is. Do not wash away.
- Apply every 3 to 4 hours
While the aforementioned home remedies will ease your symptoms completely, in a few days. You must also ensure to stay hygienic. So, use separate towels, and mild, natural soap to cleanse your genitals, avoid sharing toothbrushes, make-up, and lip balm, or popping and rubbing the sores, and avoid applying OTC brought products, such as Vaseline, salves, moisturizers, and anti-itch creams.