Ayurevda works on the principle that all universe is made up of five elements (Pancha Mahabhuta); Earth (Prithvi), Water (Jal), Fire (Agni), Air (Vayu ) and Ether (Akasha). Water is an essential component of all living organisms and on average adult human body contains 60% water. This composition of water varies in males, females and in kids. Newly born babies and kid’s bodies have more water percentage and woman has low water level than an average adult human. A human body daily needs 3-4 litres of water a day to function better. Low intake of water results to dehydration and many other health problems.
Ayurveda health care system recommends you to use medicine with warm water to get better effects. Drinking plenty of water has many health benefits and some of them are as follows:
1. Helps to lose weight
Drinking water help with weight management in the following ways:
- Hydration: Drinking warm water help to keep you hydrated, which is important for weight management as it can reduce water retention and help to flush out toxins.
- Boosts metabolism: Warm water also help to boost your metabolism, which can lead to an increase in calorie burn and potentially, weight loss.
- Aids digestion: Drinking warm water can help to stimulate digestion and soothe any digestive discomfort, which can lead to better food absorption and potentially weight loss.
2. Get a glowing skin
Drinking water is essential for healthy, glowing skin. Here’s how it helps:
- Hydration: Drinking enough water helps to hydrate the skin, which can improve its overall appearance and reduce the risk of dryness and flakiness.
- Toxin removal: Water helps to flush out toxins from the body, including the skin, which can lead to clearer and brighter skin.
- Improved blood circulation: Proper hydration can improve blood circulation, which can bring oxygen and nutrients to the skin, leading to a healthier complexion.
- Reduced inflammation: Drinking water can also help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can help to reduce redness and puffiness in the skin.
3. Eliminate body toxins
Water is an essential component of the body’s natural toxin removal system. Here’s how it works:
- Kidneys: The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood, which are then eliminated from the body through urine. Adequate water intake helps to keep the kidneys functioning properly and prevents the buildup of toxins in the body.
- Liver: The liver also helps to remove toxins from the body by breaking them down and excreting them through the bile. Drinking water can help to support liver function and promote the efficient removal of toxins.
- Sweating: Water is also important for proper sweating, which helps to remove toxins and waste through the skin. Adequate hydration can help to ensure proper sweating and the efficient removal of toxins.
4. Boost energy and stamina
boost your stamina and improve physical performance. Here’s how:
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential for physical performance, as even a slight dehydration can lead to fatigue and reduced endurance. Drinking water before, during, and after physical activity can help to prevent dehydration and maintain energy levels.
- Temperature regulation: Water is also important for regulating body temperature, especially during physical activity. Adequate hydration can help to prevent overheating, which can lead to fatigue and reduced performance.
- Improved blood flow: Proper hydration can improve blood flow, which can bring oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and help to reduce muscle fatigue during physical activity.
5. Improve productivity
Drinking water can positively impact productivity by providing a range of benefits:
- Hydration: Staying hydrated can improve focus, concentration, and cognitive function, and prevent fatigue, which can all contribute to increased productivity.
- Mood enhancement: Proper hydration can also improve mood, reducing feelings of stress and anxiety, which can help to improve overall productivity.
- Energy boost: Drinking water can also help to boost energy levels, especially in the morning, which can improve motivation and productivity.
- Improved physical performance: Proper hydration can also improve physical performance, which can lead to increased energy and a greater ability to complete tasks efficiently.
6. Reduce the risk of cancer, kidney stone and joint pain
Water can have a positive impact on several health conditions, including cancer, kidney stones, and joint pain:
- Cancer: Adequate hydration can help to support the body’s natural cleansing processes and potentially reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Kidney stones: Drinking plenty of water can help to prevent the formation of kidney stones by keeping urine diluted and reducing the concentration of substances that can form stones.
- Joint pain: Proper hydration can help to lubricate joints and reduce joint pain and stiffness, especially in individuals with conditions such as osteoarthritis.
7. Regulate body temperature
Water plays an important role in regulating body temperature:
- Sweating: When the body overheats, it sweats to cool down. The evaporation of sweat from the skin helps to reduce body temperature. Drinking water can help to replace the fluid lost through sweating and maintain proper hydration, which is essential for effective temperature regulation.
- Blood circulation: Adequate hydration can also improve blood circulation, which can help to distribute heat throughout the body and regulate temperature.
- Thermoregulation: The body’s natural thermoregulation processes also rely on water, as it is needed for proper sweating and the maintenance of body temperature.
8. Improve the digestive system
Drinking water can help to improve digestion by providing the following benefits:
- Hydration: Proper hydration is important for the digestive system to function effectively. Adequate water intake can help to prevent constipation and keep the digestive system moving smoothly.
- Saliva production: Drinking water can also stimulate the production of saliva, which helps to break down food in the mouth and start the digestive process.
- Food breakdown: Water is also essential for the breakdown and absorption of nutrients in the digestive system. Adequate hydration can help to improve the effectiveness of digestive enzymes and ensure that food is broken down properly.
- Stool formation: Water is also necessary for the formation of stools, which helps to prevent constipation and ensure that waste is eliminated from the body efficiently.
9. Prevent Constipation
Drinking water can help to prevent constipation by softening stools, promoting regular bowel movements, and ensuring that food is broken down properly.
10. Control Blood Pressure
Drinking water can help to control blood pressure by providing the following benefits:
- Blood volume: Drinking water can help to increase blood volume, which can help to reduce blood pressure. When blood volume is low, the heart has to work harder to pump blood, which can increase blood pressure.
- Sodium balance: Water can also help to regulate sodium levels in the body, which is important for controlling blood pressure. Excessive sodium intake can lead to high blood pressure, and drinking water can help to flush excess sodium from the body.
- Blood flow: Adequate hydration can also improve blood flow, which can help to reduce blood pressure by making it easier for the heart to pump blood.
11. Relieve fatigue
Drinking water improves brain functions through hydration, blood flow, mood regulation, and toxin removal.
13. Relive Stress, Headache, Migraines and Cramps
Drinking water can help to alleviate stress, headaches, migraines, and cramps by providing the following benefits:
- Headaches: Adequate hydration can help to reduce the severity of headaches, especially those caused by dehydration.
- Migraines: Studies have shown that drinking water can help to reduce the frequency and severity of migraines, as dehydration is a common trigger for migraines.
- Stress: Drinking water can also help to reduce stress levels by promoting relaxation and reducing feelings of anxiety and irritability.
- Menstrual cramps: Adequate hydration can also help to relieve menstrual cramps, as hydration can help to reduce the severity of pain and discomfort.
15. Relive Hangover and bad breath
Drinking water can help to relieve hangovers and bad breath by providing the following benefits:
- Hangovers: Drinking water can help to relieve hangovers by rehydrating the body, which can help to reduce symptoms such as headache, nausea, and fatigue. Drinking water before, during, and after alcohol consumption can also help to prevent hangovers.
- Bad breath: Drinking water can also help to relieve bad breath by promoting oral hygiene and neutralizing odor-causing bacteria in the mouth. Staying properly hydrated can also improve the production of saliva, which can help to wash away food particles and bacteria that can cause bad breath.
Right Time and Ways To Drink Water
Drinking plenty of water is very beneficial for the human body but drinking water at right time increases its benefits for a healthy body.
The right time and ways to drink water depend on several factors, including an individual’s health status, physical activity level, and climate. However, some general guidelines for when and how to drink water include:
- Start your day with water: Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning to hydrate your body after a long night of sleep.
- Drink before, during, and after exercise: Drink water before, during, and after physical activity to replace fluid loss and avoid dehydration.
- Drink water throughout the day: Aim to drink water regularly throughout the day to maintain proper hydration. Sip water regularly instead of drinking large amounts at once.
- Drink water before and after meals: Drinking water before and after meals can help to aid digestion and prevent overeating.
- Monitor urine color: The color of your urine can be an indicator of your hydration level. Aim to have pale yellow urine, which indicates proper hydration.
In terms of the best ways to drink water, here are some tips:
- Drink plain water: Drink plain water, rather than sugary drinks or fruit juices, to stay properly hydrated.
- Drink room temperature water: Room temperature water is easier to drink and absorb than cold water.
- Sip water throughout the day: Sipping water throughout the day, rather than drinking large amounts at once, can help to keep your body hydrated.
- Add flavor to water: If you find plain water boring, try adding a slice of lemon, lime, or cucumber to your water for added flavor.
Ayurveda suggests you to drink Copper water. Store water in a Copper Bessel at night in the moonlight and drink it in the morning. It fulfils the lake of the Copper element in your body.
You have to take a break from Copper water every after 2-3 weeks if drinking daily. Avoid cold and ice water because it slows down metabolism. Ayurveda also demonstrates drinking water in a sitting position with small sips.
Avoid water during meals or drink less if required. Use of warm water better than normal water and drinking water every time when you feel thirsty to hydrate your body is very beneficial.
Drink a lot of water daily to hydrate your body and get a glowing, young and healthy body. Use these tips on the health benefits of Drinking water at the right time and right ways.