- Menopause is accompanied by hormonal imbalances that lead to bone loss, mood swings, poor libido, night sweats, and hot flashes.
- The various symptoms of menopause can cause physical and mental discomfort to women going through this phase of life.
- The best way to prevent or reduce menopausal symptoms is to follow an active lifestyle and a nutritious diet.
- Increase your calcium and vitamin D intake and improve your self-care routine to prevent menopausal symptoms, like osteoporosis, dental issues, and aging skin.
- You can also take the help of natural menopause supplements to improve your hormonal health and reduce mood swings and hot flashes.
Menopause is a crucial stage in a woman’s life when extra attention to health and nutrition is necessary. Your body goes through various hormonal changes during this stage while aging simultaneously. Therefore, it demands a healthy lifestyle and a nutrient-rich diet to keep the side effects of menopause at bay.
The side effects of menopause include mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, calcium loss, and vaginal dryness. These symptoms can be difficult to manage and can impact your quality of life.
You must make some conscious lifestyle changes to minimize menopausal symptoms. Whether you are nearing menopause or are experiencing it already, the following health tips will make this phase of life easier for you.
9 Tips To Stay Healthy During And After Menopause
1. Physical Activity – Regular exercise can improve your mood and control your weight. Both these factors will help reduce the severity of menopausal symptoms. According to studies, while physical activity may not always reduce night sweats and hot flashes, it improves the overall well-being of menopausal women. Therefore, you must include at least half an hour of physical activity in your daily routine to maintain your fitness through menopause.
2. Weight Control – You can be more susceptible to weight gain during menopause because of hormonal changes. However, excess weight can increase your risk of heart disease and worsen discomfort due to osteoporosis that often accompanies menopause. You must keep your weight in check. Apart from regular physical exercise, consume a low-calorie diet to avoid weight gain. Keeping your diet light-weight and nutritious should be an essential part of self-care for menopause.
3. Nutritional Intake – The estrogen dip during menopause can lead to osteoporosis or bone loss. Therefore, you must boost your calcium and vitamin D intake to compensate for the same. You can also consume a supplement like Provitalize, which contains turmeric to reduce joint pain and probiotics to prevent bloating during menopause. According to Provitalize reviews, the supplement reduces menopausal symptoms for some consumers. You may also consider pairing it with a healthy diet for ample nutrition.
4. Oral Hygiene – According to studies, menopause is often accompanied by a high risk of oral health issues. These include gum infections, dry mouth, and burning mouth. The body’s ability to fight infections declines due to hormonal changes, leaving your gums susceptible to the same. To prevent dental issues, you need to be extra cautious about your oral hygiene. Brush and floss twice daily and visit your dentist for regular checkups. Practicing good oral hygiene will keep your teeth and gums healthy.
5. Kegel Exercises – Poor bladder control is another side effect of menopause that causes inconvenience to many women. To counteract this, you can try pelvic floor muscle exercises or Kegel exercises to improve bladder control. These exercises strengthen the muscles involved in urination, improving bladder control. Additionally, Kegel exercises may also boost your sex drive, which can be reduced by vaginal dryness and other menopausal symptoms.
6. Libido Boosters – You may experience poor libido during menopause due to a dry vagina, reduced estrogen, and mood swings. However, you can combat these symptoms with the help of vaginal creams or lubricants. The top-rated menopause supplements can also help with these symptoms and boost your sex drive. If you are suffering from poor libido, it is also a good idea to communicate this to your partner. Together, you can figure out ways to make your sex life comfortable and exciting for both of you.
7. Skincare Regimen – Skincare should rank high on the list when it comes to self-care for menopause. The hormonal changes can damage the appearance of your skin, making the signs of aging more prominent. Therefore, you must apply anti-aging skincare products and follow a skin-friendly lifestyle. Avoid smoking, sun exposure, harsh soaps, and dehydration to keep your skin healthy and youthful. Also, consume a vitamin-rich diet to supply skin-friendly nutrients to your body.
8. Menopause Supplements – The top-rated menopause supplements can help you tackle the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause. These supplements usually contain a mix of natural ingredients that improve hormonal health, strengthen bones, and reduce hot flashes.
Provitalize is one such supplement that contains probiotics, turmeric, moringa leaves, and curry leaves to reduce menopausal symptoms. It claims to reduce inflammation, boost metabolism, and minimize joint pain that can accompany menopause. The average Provitalize review is positive, and some users saw visible benefits after using the supplement. You may try it if you are looking for a natural supplement to ease menopausal symptoms.
9. Hormone Replacement Therapy – If you are suffering from severe menopausal symptoms, you can consult a doctor regarding hormone replacement therapy. Hormone therapy restores healthy estrogen levels in the body with the help of pills or topical creams. Thus, it minimizes the symptoms and discomfort of menopause and can help you lead a comfortable life. Alternatively, you can opt for natural menopause supplements like Menoquil. This supplement contains ingredients like red clover, black cohosh, and wild yam root that could improve estrogen levels in the body, preventing heat flashes, mood swings, and discomfort.
The Bottom Line – Don’t Let Menopause Slow You Down!
Menopause comes with its own set of challenges that can impact your physical and mental health. However, once you pay extra attention to your lifestyle and nutrition, most of these symptoms can be managed.
Physical activity, a nutritious diet, weight management, and self-care can reduce or prevent menopausal symptoms. Further, natural menopause supplements like Menoquil might help you keep mood swings, night sweats, and hot flashes at bay.
To compensate for the declining estrogen levels that lead to bone loss, mood swings, and weakened immunity, consume the necessary nutrients. Also, take the help of Kegel exercises and vaginal creams to boost your libido. By following these health tips for menopause, you shall be able to enjoy your life to the fullest. So, stop worrying about this phase of life and take action to boost your health during menopause!