Home Remedies for Dry Hair
Hair that lacks sufficient moisture to maintain normal texture and shine, is described as dry hair. Hair has three layers, and the outermost layer is meant to protect the inner layers. If the outer layer gets damaged, it results in dull and dry hair. Hair follicles are attached to the sebaceous glands, which secrete oil into the hair shaft. Hence assumed that people with dry skin may have issues regarding dry hair. Hair turns dry when natural oil is removed during activities like overuse of hair dryers or styling products, swimming in chlorinated water, or sunbathing. The issue of dry hair can develop in both men and women at any stage in their life.
Dry hair falls out easily resulting in hair loss and can lead to baldness. So hair transplantation is the only solution for baldness. India provides the best facilities for hair transplant in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Bangalore at affordable cost and having promising results.
Dry hair is brittle and looks like straw. So it’s very difficult to comb them. So, Most of all causes which makes the hair dry and unhealthy like:
- Heredity problem
- Lack of moisture in the hair
- Exposure to the sun
- Cuticle damage
- Loss of elasticity
- Certain medical conditions
- Excessive use of chemical treatment like relaxers, dye, etc.
- Frequent washing of hair with harsh soaps and alcohol
It is tough managing dry and damaged hair. Therefore the symptoms which indicate dry hair are:
- The brittle and rough texture
- Lacks shine and luster
- Tangled and unmanageable hair
- Split ends
- Itchy scalp
- No elasticity
Home Remedies for dry hair
Lots of people nowadays suffer from dry hair and opt for various hair treatments. However, trying home remedies is beneficial for dry hair as they are cheaper, easily available, and free from harsh chemicals.
Un-boiled milk for hair
To solve the problem regarding dry hair, take some un-boiled milk in a bowl. Apply it directly to your hair and scalp with the help of a cotton ball. Finally, wash your hair properly after an hour.
Milk for dry hair
2. Milk is regarded to be very healthy for the body as it contains vitamins, proteins, minerals, and fats. Another, It helps to strengthen the cells in our body, including the hair cells.
Make a smooth paste by mixing 1/4 cup of goat milk powder with some water and apply it to the hair and massage it well. Cover your head with a warm damp towel for some time, and then wash your hair with herbal shampoo.
You can also use this method for getting smooth and shiny hair. Take egg yolk in a bowl and add few drops of olive oil and half a teaspoon of sugar to it, and mix well. Shampoo your hair first and then apply milk on your head and let it stay for 5 to 10 minutes. Afterward, wash your hair and then massage it with the egg mixture. Finally, wash your hair with cold water and then dry it with a hairdryer.
Bottle gourd juice for hair
3. Apply the juice extracted from a fresh bottle gourd to your hair and let it rest for about half an hour. Then rinse it off thoroughly with water.
Ghee for hair
4. Ghee is filled with unrefined fats, which help to nourish your hair. It is very effective against hair loss, split ends, etc. Directly apply some ghee to your scalp and strands and let it stay for some time before washing it off with shampoo. Hence this treatment works as a natural hair conditioner and makes your hair silky soft.
Black Tea for hair
5. Black tea works as a conditioner for dry hair. Place a tea bag in a cup of hot water to prepare black tea. Pour the tea evenly on your hair. Furthermore, leave it for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off.
Aspirin for dry hair
6. It may sound very weird to use aspirin to treat dry hair. But it is very effective on dull hair. Mix your shampoo with 1 or 2 crushed aspirin tablets due to the salicylic acid present in it that restores the shine of the hair.
Cocoa powder for dry hair
7. Cocoa powder is also very beneficial for dry hair. Prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, yogurt, and cocoa powder and apply it to your hair. Finally, wash it off after some time.
Gelatin for dry hair
8. Gelatin also helps to strengthen the hair. To treat dry hair, heat one cup of hot water and add one packet of gelatin to it. Keep stirring till it forms an almost thick gel. After shampooing your hair, apply gelatin to your hair and scalp and let it stay for some time. Then rinse it off with warm water.
You can also add gelatin to your shampoo and use it to wash your hair.
Everybody dream of having beautifully nourished hair that is thick and shiny. But to achieve it, you need to take proper care of your hair and prevent it from getting damaged and dry. Hence by adopting the above remedies, you can treat and protect your hair to get the desired results. Another, follow some most efficient or the best hair oil for men options.
You can also try these hair care remedies for good hair health.