SAY NO TO TICK WHO SUCK YOU – FOLLOW THESE 11 HOME REMEDIES!!
What are ticks?
Have you ever noticed a spider like creature named TICK? There are totally 800 kinds of ticks in the world. But only around 100 are known to cause diseases. Ticks harbour the infectious bacterium inside their stomach and when they bite anyone, it affects the skin, heart, nervous system and joints, which is termed as Lyme disease.
Usually ticks are seen in forest and grassy areas. Hence trekkers and forest/grass cleaners should be more careful. Ticks usually adhere to the exposed skin areas. Hence it is mandatory to cover the skin with long sleeves, long pants, shoes and gloves. These ticks are present in fur of animals which become active mostly during summer or spring season.
Signs & symptoms of Tick bite
Tick doesn’t actually bite. It sucks the blood which one may not be aware of, since its attachment is usually painless. If the tick is not removed within 2 days, the risk of lyme disease transmission will be more. There occurs a visible rash which is clear in centre having bull’s eye pattern. These non-painful or non-itchy rashes gets spread in all parts of the body. Other tick bite symptoms include fever, chillness, tiredness, body pain and headache.
If not treated promptly, other severe symptoms like arm or leg numbness, temporary paralysis in one side of the face, joint pain, neck stiffness and heart palpitations will occur.
Tick Bite Treatment
Tick bite treatment includes administration of oral antibiotics like doxycycline, amoxicillin, azithromycin and cefuroxime.
Preventive measures include usage of insect repellents to protect from ticks. So remember that the ticks should not come into the home via clothes or pets.
11 Home remedies for tick removal
There are several tick removal techniques at home which can be followed easily.
- Analyse the body completely to find out the region of tick bite.
- Once you locate the spot, don’t try to take it out using fingers or tweezers. The tick might go deeper and release its toxins in to the body.
Try these simple home remedies that will aid in tick removal.
- Dry heat (54-85°C) can kill the tick within 6 minutes.
- Blend 10 mint leaves with 10 table spoons of apple cider vinegar and two lemons. Apply its extract on the spot to remove the tick.
- Dish detergent can kill ticks by blocking its respiration.
- Diatomaceous earth can also kill ticks by dehydrating them to death.
- The mixture of 20 drops of rose geranium oil with 3 table spoons of almond oil acts as an effective tick repellent.
- Vaseline can also suffocates the ticks to death.
- Boil clove powder, yeast powder and garlic powder in water. Add few drops of rosemary oil. Take out the extract and spray indoors to get rid of ticks.
- If you feel that essential oils are too expensive, use the mixture of baking soda and salt to kill the ticks at once.
- Spray equal proportion of essential oils including eucalyptus oil, lavender oil and lemon tree oil mixed in equal ratio of alcohol and water to get rid of ticks.
- Even mouthwash, turpentine and astringent help effectively in tick removal.
- If your pets are affected, use DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) which helps in killing both egg and adult form of ticks. But one should perform allergy test for pets before opting for DMSO test.
One should follow the below mentioned precautionary methods before trying out the home remedies.
- Don’t apply citrus or vinegar products directly on the wounded spot. Try out the remedies on a small portion of skin and check for allergies.
- Never ever pour the hot oils directly on the wounded portion.
- When spraying the home remedies indoor, keep it in mind that the place should be properly ventilated and airy.
- If you are having pets at home, remember to bathe them regularly.
Hope these 11 tips help you in right direction before these ticks lean on you to suck everything you have. Still if you are unable to remove the tick, visit your family doctor at once for the immediate treatment.